- Tour Details
- About the Area
- Important Information
- Air-conditioned Coach
- English speaking Tour Leader/Driver
- Hotel Pick Up - Drop Off
- Vat and all legal taxes
- Anything that is not specified in the program as included
- Entrance Fees to archaeological sites
- Licensed Tour Guide at the archaeological sites
- Meals and Drinks
Private Cape Sounion Tour Highlights
- Enjoy the scenic drive along the coastal road of Athens.
- Stop at Vouliagmeni area and admire the picturesque landscape by the sea.
- Discover the Sounion National Park and the unique geological formation of “Incuse Chaos”.
- Explore the magnificent Temple of Poseidon in Cape Sounion.
- Experience the breathtaking view at the Aegean Sea.
- Private Cape Sounion & Temple of Poseidon Sunset Tour
More about this tour
Private Cape Sounion Tour. Cape Sounion is the promontory at the southernmost tip of the Attic peninsula, 8 kilometres south of the town of Lavrio (ancient Thoricus), and 69.5 km southeast of Athens. It is part of Lavreotiki municipality in East Attica, Greece. According to the legend,
Cape Sounion is the spot where Aegeus, king of Athens, leapt to his death off the cliff, thus giving his name to the Aegean Sea. Cape Sounion is noted for the Temple of Poseidon, one of the major monuments of the Golden Age of Athens. Its remains are perched on the headland, surrounded on three sides by the Aegean sea.